Firestone liner is an EPDM Geomembrane that is specifically designed for garden pond and lake applications. Its formulation and production process makes it perfectly compatible with aquatic life, in accordance with test reports published by the Water Research Centre in the UK. Firestone's EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 9001 certification for their total quality management principles and ISO 14001 certification for their environmental management systems.
Ivel Aquatics Ltd are a certified UK Installer for Firestone EPDM waterproof membranes and pond liner products. These technical lining products are rated as the best liner currently on the market.
The Firestone would always be our first choice; it is unmatched in terms of ease of installation and the ability to conform to the shelves needed for creating natural looking waterfalls and planting beds.
Key Features & Benefits
- High flexibility: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes remain highly flexible even at very low temperatures (down to -45°C), enabling year round installation in a variety of climates and terrain.
- High elongation: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes can elongate over 300%, which enables the membrane to stretch and conform to objects in the subgrade.
- Superior weathering resistance: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes offer unmatched resistance to ultraviolet radiation and ozone.
- Quick and easy installation: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes are available in large seamless panel sizes up to 15m in width and 61m in length resulting in fewer field seams and less installation time.
- Low maintenance: Firestone EPDM Geomembranes require little or no regular maintenance after installation. The Geomembrane can survive normal environmental exposure for well over 30 years.
- Environmentally friendly: Firestone EPDM Geomembrane is an inert material with low environmental impact during production and use. In addition, Firestone's EPDM manufacturing facilities have received ISO 14001 certification, a testimony of the company's commitment to environmental management.
With panels available in a variety of sizes and lengths, Firestone Rubber Liners can be easily installed using Firestone's QuickSeam™ Tape system; which requires no special tools or utilities for installation.
Text courtesy of Stephens Plastics - http://www.stephens-plastics.co.uk/